Eng

Rus
Open your Vladimir

What to see in Vladimir

Most importantly, what the city of Vladimir is famous for is its masterpieces of ancient Russian white stone
architecture. Vladimir is a city with a millennial history. It was founded in the late of the X century
by the Prince of Kiev Vladimir Svyatoslavich on the high bank of the Klyazma river on the border
of Zalesie and Opolie. In the beginning of the XII century the town was fortified by Vladimir Monomakh,
and in the middle of the XII century Vladimir became the capital of Vladimir-Suzdal Principality,
and the capital of the whole North-Eastern Russia.

The Old Vladimir Details

The Old Vladimir

In Water tower there is an exposition «The old Vladimir». Recreated the interiors of the room in the house of a wealthy citizen, the Church shop, police station, restaurant with traditional samovar, painted trays and many bottles and decanters.

+7 4922 32-54-51
Kozlov Val street, 14

St.Demetrius Cathedral Details

St.Demetrius Cathedral

A unique monument of Vladimir-Suzdal white stone architecture and plasticity of the Pre-Mongolian time. Tthe Cathedral in the name of the Saint Dmitriy Solunskiy was erected in the 1190-ies by the Prince Vsevolod Urievich the Big Nest, who was given the name Dmitriy in baptism.

+7 4922 32-42-63
B.Moskovskaya street, 60

Assumption Cathedral Details

Assumption Cathedral

A unique monument of Vladimir-Suzdal white stone architecture of the pre-mongolian time. In the middle of the XII century Prince Andrey Urievich Bogoliubskiy turned Vladimir into the capital of the Suzdal Principality.

+7 4922 32-52-01
B.Moskovskaya street, 56

Museum Complex «The Chambers» Details

Museum Complex «The Chambers»

Museum complex is located in the center of the city, between the ancient cathedrals, in the depths of the old park with fountain and alleys. Designed for...

8 (4922) 32-24-29
B.Moskovskaya street, 58

The Museum of Nature Details

The Museum of Nature

In 1990 Vladimir-Suzdal Museum-Preserve opened in Vladimir the first permanent "natural" exhibition «In the world of animals», which in 1997, after reorganization has received the name "The native nature".

+7 4922 53-25-89
Mira street, 19

The Museum «Borodin”s Smithy» Details

The Museum «Borodin”s Smithy»

The smithy of hereditary Borodin blacksmiths, located in the center of ancient Vladimir, is the center of preserving the smithcraft and folk traditions.

+7 915 760-21-77
г. Владимир, ул. Георгиевская, 3-Г


Белокаменные памятники XII в. – Золотые ворота, кафедральный собор, княжеские и монастырские церкви – воплотили столичное достоинство города, соединив во времени «матерь городов русских» Киев и будущую столицу Руси, а сначала – «пригород» Владимира, Москву. Градостроительный замысел князя-самовластца Андрея Боголюбского раскрывают летописи: Золотые ворота – «да будет память отечеству моему», Успенский собор – «хощу бо сей град обновити митрополиею», Боголюбово – «город камен в память себе», а сам Владимир – «да будет сей град великое княжение и глава всем».

Младший брат Андрея Всеволод Большое Гнездо сохранил и умножил столичное великолепие города, создав детинец с Дмитриевским собором, Рождественский монастырь с белокаменным храмом, Княгинин монастырь в северо-западном углу города, а главную святыню княжества – Успенский собор – сделав ещё больше и краше.

Монголо-татарское завоевание XIII в. подорвало мощь Владимира: прекратилась зодческая традиция, забылись многие ремёсла, город запустел. Однако сохранил политическое первенство среди русских городов: чтобы стать великим князем, в это время требовалось получить в Золотой Орде «ярлык» на Великое владимирское княжение. В 1263 г. «зашло солнце земли Русской» – умер герой Ледового побоища, искусный дипломат и полководец, владимирский князь (1252–1263) Александр Ярославич Невский (внук Всеволода Большое Гнездо). В течение 460 лет, до перенесения в Санкт-Петербург, его прах покоился в Рождественском монастыре г. Владимира.

С подъёмом Москвы Владимир подчинился новой столице. На рубеже XV–XVI вв. возобновляется строительство: это время оставило потомкам полный поэзии Успенский собор Княгинина монастыря.

В XVI–XVII вв. город выходит из пределов древней крепости; вокруг заселяются слободы: за Золотыми воротами – Ямская, под Вознесенской горой – Гончары, за р. Лыбедью и Студёной горой – Стрелецкие слободы, Боровок, Варварка, под Рождественским монастырём – Подмонастырская. Улицы города сплетались в живую, прихотливую вязь, а красной строкой в ней выступали приходские церкви. XVII век – время расцвета на Руси торгового посада – подарил Владимиру чудную Богородицкую церковь. В XVIII в., точно по волшебству, город наполнили каменные приходские церкви, заменившие деревянные: Вознесенская, Николо-Галейская, Троицкая, Николо-Кремлёвская, Никитская и др.

2015-2017 «Tourist information Department» / All rights reserved.